Monday, May 5, 2008

Bicycles by a Church in Paris

This is as good a place to start as any...

I took this shot while in Paris with Brian last year. We were wandering about exploring the city and had just come out of a beautiful church we stumbled upon when I spied these bicycles just resting outside.

I love the peacefulness of this shot. Normally, when we think of cycling, we think of movement, of getting from one place to another, or in my life, I think of trying to keep up with my husband as he races by me on his road bike (I can't keep up!). However, there is something to be said for viewing an object in a different light than we normally see it in. Hence, the bicycles at rest.

Perhaps the owners are inside the church...perhaps they are wandering about as we were...perhaps they have abandoned their bikes for a different mode of transportation. I like that we get to envision and decide for ourselves where/who the riders are and what will happen to these bicycles as the day continues....

No comments: