Tuesday, May 6, 2008

In a Garage in Hoboken, NJ

One of my favorite aspects of photography is trying to capture something that would otherwise be deemed "ugly," and trying to make it beautiful, or an object of art worth noticing. I hope to shoot something that most people would normally walk by and disregard or not even notice, and have them take a moment to look at the picuture as a work of art and consider the scene or object. Whether the viewer still walks away from the photo thinking the scene or object is dirty, ugly, or something to disregard is his/her personal choice; I simply want the viewer to pause, look at the picture and consider/notice it.

Here, I was outside a dirty/dusty old garage on the outskirts of Hoboken, NJ, waiting for my car to go through the car wash. While waiting I noticed these three old and rusting trash cans and wanted to capture them in a way which might make them beautiful or appealing - to show them in a different light, if you will.

No comments: