Monday, May 19, 2008

The Quarry in Dorset, Vt


I love this shot for the simplicity of the composition and the calming feeling it creates. I took this shot from so far away and with the benefit of my lens and editing features I was able to zoom in much closer, which saved me the trouble of having to get the shot from in the frozen water (jk). :) The quarry is a cold, stark place at this time of year; such a contrast to the beauty and livelihood of the summertime when dozens of people sunbathe, swim and jump off the ledges. However, there is something so peaceful about the deserted quarry in wintertime. The shadow in the water is my favorite part of this photo - the way the ice seems to melt right down into it. For me, this is so peaceful and soothing, and I try to think of this photo when I need to center myself and take a deep breath from the chaos of everyday life.

No comments: